The APG Program
Our Alternative Peer Group program borrows from the traditional “Twelve Step Model.” These steps are tailored to meet the developmental needs of adolescents by focusing on peer relationships as the catalyst for change. Our Twelve Step model includes many different activities and benefits for teens, such as:
- Positive Peer Associations
- Increased knowledge of MH/SA Symptoms and the risk factors associated with the disorders/juvenile delinquency
- Substance use treatment
- Mental health services
- Social competencies and problem-solving skills
- Effective parenting training
- Reduction in the frequency of maladaptive behaviors, thoughts, and feelings that interfere with attaining a reasonable quality of life.
Criteria - The criteria for admittance into the APG level of care is: client is age 13-21 and family displays a need to eradicate substance use or substance use related issues from their lives. This level of care operates concurrently with all other levels of care and continues after other levels of care are completed.
The length of stay for the APG level of care is 12 months on average.